Friday, June 26, 2009

Apple Cider Vinegar and Eye Infections

OK, in other news.

I know this is going to sound weird. But it works. So last week, our cat Lilly got an eye infection in her left eye. It was oozing, she couldnt keep it open and she was sneezing alot. It was Sunday and all the vets were closed.. and really, its not like we can afford the vet anyway. So, Steph hits up Google for feline eye infections. Came across several sites that said to take a few cotton balls and clean out the eye. Then take a few more and put some Apple Cider Vinegar on the back of their neck. To actually get it wet with the stuff. So we did. I'll be damned if a few hours later it wasnt starting to look better. So we kept applying and although it stank. She is fine now with no eye infection. I read later allergies can cause it as well. So I will have to check that out. Maybe shes allergic to the shitty music every weekend over at the Birkby House.


Busy weekend coming up. Stephs working all weekend. Im on duty tonight, tommorow night, parking cars for the Beerfest on Sat afternoon and then Sunday have a sidejob doing some Valet parking. So.. No weekend for me.

I had some other stuff to write about but I dont remember it at the moment. Have a safe weekend.

Dont stop till you get enough.. chaaamoooon.

B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's interesting! Our cat has the same problem and we didn't want to take her either! I'm trying that tonight!!!

Clifford J. Wirth, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, University of New Hampshire said...

Apple cider vinegar works for my dog's eye infections. Some say to dilute it with water and rub into the back of the dogs neck. Since the stuff is pretty harmless I just later used it without dilution, and somebody said heck, just put a few drops in Charlie's water, and that works too.